It's one my favorite time of year. That magical time of year when TV shows stop their needless reruns and return to new episodes. The time of year where Saturdays are spent in front of the TV watching college football. The time of year where the trees turn colors and the temperature dips to that pleasant point to where you can wear jeans and a light jacket out of your house. The time of year where my creativity shines like never before.


I have been taking a retreat from the day to day world that surrounds me here in Wilmington and have trapped myself in my apartment on a much needed soul searching mission. During this mission I have watched classic movies such as Casablanca and Singing in the Rain. I have caught up with TV shows like Heroes and The Office. I have reorganized and cleaned every square inch of my small apartment probably twice. And most of all I've wrote. Wrote random thoughts, random ideas, started a couple short stories, edited a couple screenplays but mostly got everything that has been bouncing around my head out onto "paper." I say "paper" because it is all saved into my computer but I like the term paper better. I have figured out what I like about TV shows and movies and what styles I would love to integrate into my own and what styles I would love to bring back. I took my brain from one extreme to another, experienced new things with watching True Blood for the first time and most of all I rested. I rested my mind, my body and my soul. It was the best vacation ever because I had no expectations, no one to please but myself.

As a new month is approaching so is a new outlook on life for me. I have expected things to come to me. For everything to fall into place. And for the most part a bunch of it has. But I'm done letting life go on around me. I'm taking this bull by the horns and riding it to where ever. A new plan of action has been devised with the help of friends and family and I am working my way through 3 pages worth of To-Do Lists to put this plan into action. September is going to be a really good month for me. Big changes and big things will be happing around me and I can't wait to share them all with you.

I read a review in the Hollywood Reporter today (well it was from back on the 20th but with snail mail I just received it Friday) about the new movie Post Grad. It wasn't the worst review I've ever read but it wasn't one with lots of praise for the movie either. After finishing the article I tore out the page and put it on my fridge because this was the kind of review that I wouldn't want for my first film. The screenplay was by a first time writer and the review of the writing alone was enough to make me want to have 5 more people read my screenplay before I ever think of doing anything with it. From now on I'm going to be reading these reviews very carefully and pulling out these reviews that I don't want to have and good ones of movies that I can learn from.

With the prospects of potential work coming and several wonderful vacations planned, some of them I will be taking some of them will be taken to come see me, I'm very much looking forward to the fall. Good TV, good sports, good weather, good family, good friends, and I'm thankful for them all. Life is good right now and I hope it only gets better from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

I'm a crazy 24 year old girl who just moved to Wilmington, NC to follow my dream of being a writer/producer/director. These are my adventures along the way in this new town with my new friends.

Drop me a Line

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Last.fm

    Followers

    Live Traffic Feed

    free counters