Fight On

What doesn't kill you makes you stinger. What hurts you can motivate and inspire you. A simple sunset over the water can clear your head. While a sunrise can envigerate your soul. As I sit here on the dock by the river looking at the goreguous orange, purple and pink sunset I am conflicted and confused. If you didn't already know I moved recently. It has been one of the scariest, weirdest, drive testing, happiest, craziest, mental unstablest times I have ever faced. I moved to a city 2000 miles from home knowing no one and having only a few encounters with the city. I have made new friends and hurt a few good ones along the way but overall it has been a journey of growth and renewal. Renewal from the life I had been living at home. Renewal from the trials and tribulations I was facing there. A chance to start over, to branch out, to reach for the stars without a safety net. I came in expecting to conquer the world in no time getting everything that I ever dreamed off immediately. What I quickly learned is that this road was an uphill climb full of steep parts and some leveling out slightly but it would be something that I would have to fight for everyday. It has had it's fun day as well as it's down right depressing days. I have gone with very few breakdowns and only a really bad week or two but I have had to fight for it all the way. I didn't take the easy way in choosing this road I'm on. There is nothing easy about the dreams I dream. You have to fight and fight to get where you want to go. Just like a fish fights to get up the stream that is forcing it the other way I must force my way into this industry. As the sun sinks lower and I look at my surrounds and overwheming sense of piece is over me. Not because I have all that I could wish for, because I am far from it. But because I know just as the sun will rise and set over this river tomorrow I will make my way through this journey. I might not always do the right thing or be the best person I can be but I will try my best because that is all that I can do. The early settlers of this city faced their own challenges far beyond anything I could ever imagine. And yet I am sitting here on the very river they sailed upon all of the years later with my new technology and all the possibilties in the world and I know that I will make it. I will not give up, take no for an answer, let others get me down, no I will face all my critics and synics and do what I was sent here to do. God has a plan for me and even though I might always understand or agree with it's twists and turns I will fight on. Tomorrow is a new day and today is only what I make of it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

I'm a crazy 24 year old girl who just moved to Wilmington, NC to follow my dream of being a writer/producer/director. These are my adventures along the way in this new town with my new friends.

Drop me a Line

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Last.fm

    Followers

    Live Traffic Feed

    free counters