It's Been Awhile

So I realized it's been a long time since I did a quality update on my life. Well so much has happened and gone on that I can't really remember it to write it all out so I will just update you on my weekend and tell you about some exciting things coming up tomorrow.


This weekend I took a little trip down to Savannah, GA. I wish I could say it was for a nice relaxing weekend getaway but it was for work. Which is exciting because it's been a while since I've had work to do. Before I can talk about the weekend I must fill you in on a little of the back story. Lindsay, my best friend, works in Disney World at the Contemporary hotel. One day while she was working at the front desk she met a man who is a producer out in LA. They started talking about some projects that he had going and he stated that he was looking for an editor. Being my constant promoter she mentioned me and hyped me up. After exchanging a couple of e-mails he looked at some of the work I had completed and must have liked what he saw because he wanted me to do an entire test project. In short it was a short film shoot in Savannah showcasing the area for another producer that he knew who was looking in the area. So I set out for Savannah Friday morning to run my very first film shoot, granted it wasn't that big of a shoot, just me and Lindsay, my camera, a tripod, and a small script that got thrown out the window immediately.

Friday was spent going around the area looking at locations and areas that I wanted to film and finalizing the concept for the video. Considering the only direction I was given for the project was shoot Savannah, have fun doing it and make it between 10 minutes and 2 hours long I had no idea what I was going to do for sure. After a delicious dinner at Her Lady and Sons (Paula Dean's local restaurant for those who don't know) and a small strategy session at dinner we went back to the hotel and prepared for a long day of filming on Saturday. A cloudy sky kept the temperature bearable as we ran around Savannah capturing scene after scene. Finally after visiting Wormsloe Historical Site, the rain set in a filming was wrapped for the day. Another dinner at One Eyed Lizzie's and figuring out what was left to be completed yet again went back to the hotel to rest and prepare.

This morning we were greeted with clear skies and perfect weather (that I was hoping for Saturday) which made for a hot day of filming but the shoots we got are beautiful. After a couple hours and a couple last scenes we finished shooting. Now I know this little test shoot might not be exciting to most people but this is the first time that I am doing a project for someone else to see specifically. Most of the other projects I have ever done have been for fun and never seen by anyone so for my first project I was very excited/very nervous. I feel like I have a concept (that I will share after I have completed it) that showcases everything from my directing, camera, producing, editing, and overall skills. I have to combined the 114 scenes we filmed into the final project by Friday.

Tomorrow will be mostly out due to a last minute call to extra in the morning at 7:15 and a job interview (yes I said JOB INTERVIEW) at noon. I'm very excited about this interview because it is with Right Point Media, a local production company that does commercials, TV shows as well as other local projects for a PA position. I sent them my resume a while back thinking that it couldn't hurt to try but I probably didn't have enough experience to warrant anything. The fact that they called for an interview shocked me and I have never been more excited and nervous for an interview. Crossing fingers and toes for this one to work out.

Creatively I have never felt better. I can't wait to share this little movie with you all after it is completed. I hope you will enjoy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

I'm a crazy 24 year old girl who just moved to Wilmington, NC to follow my dream of being a writer/producer/director. These are my adventures along the way in this new town with my new friends.

Drop me a Line

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Last.fm

    Followers

    Live Traffic Feed

    free counters