Inspiration

I talk a lot about inspiration and the random inspiration I get fairly often but I wanted to touch on it again because well lets face it, I've been hit with another wave of inspiration recently. As you know I recently moved and with this move have meet new people and done and experienced new things. Because of this I have found new inspirations that I wasn't expecting.


I recently read in a book this “Inspiration is not a moment in which you discover something new. Rather it’s a moment when you rediscover something of yourself. Of your own dreaming, energy, and faith. Of your own love, humor, and strength. When inspiration comes in the form of a film, painting, or song, the experience reflects back something that’s already in you.” I have always had the desire to make films, to write, to create but the moments when I rediscover it in myself are so precious. Inspiration abounds in Wilmington for me. From walking downtown and by the river, to driving down to the beach and just reflecting staring at the water, to hearing the powerful voice of Bibis every Tuesday (and sometimes if I'm lucky other nights) of the week, to seeing other people following their dreams of creating and witnessing it for the first time in person. Everything about this place inspires me. Now I might not always be motivated to write, or film but that is a whole other battle with laziness, job hunting and other prior commitments. But I am always thinking here. Not of my problems or dramas but how would this location look with this lighting, or these two people who are so clearly in love would make a wonderful story. I'm observing and taking in more than I ever have. From the way a bird flies over my head to the annoying frog that resurfaces every night just to scare me at the bottom of my stairs. I am a sponge absorbing everything for the first time.

Now I don't know if it's because I'm in a new place or because this dream and this passion of mine as been able to be unleashed and tapped into but I love this new outlook I have. I want to film everything. I want to tell every story. I wish I had the ability to just document every little none exciting thing to share to the world. I want to make movies, I want to write out stories, I want to film and act and produce. I want to do it all and I never have wanted it more than I do now. I want to make the movie that has been my baby for 5 years now. I want to go out set up a camera and shoot. That is all I want to do, create, be apart of this film community that is just that a community. You can sense it every where you go. The arts are alive in Wilmington and I want to be apart of that.

As much as I miss home and my family I know this is where I was meant to be. I feel it with every ounce of my body. It's not home because no where will ever replace home but it is as close as you can get. The friends I have made, the new friends I have yet to make, the things I have experienced and the vast amount that I haven't have all made this the easiest transition I have had to a new place and I think it's because for the first time in my life I can be 100% myself. I can be the artsy, athletic, dorky, imaginative, sometimes social, sometimes isolated, theater junky, T-shirt and jeans wearing, childish, mature, sensitive, smart ass person that I am inside. There is no trying to impress anyone, no trying to fit in with any group, just me making it as I am with no apologies for it.

I made this little montage tonight after a wave of inspiration hit me again. Hope you enjoy it.

1 comments:

Karen July 14, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

Great quote on inspiration and nice montage!

Post a Comment

About this blog

I'm a crazy 24 year old girl who just moved to Wilmington, NC to follow my dream of being a writer/producer/director. These are my adventures along the way in this new town with my new friends.

Drop me a Line

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Last.fm

    Followers

    Live Traffic Feed

    free counters